Anyone may use resources in the library, but your library card gives you the ability to check out books, movies, and much more!
Who can get a library card?
Anyone (including household members) in one of the following categories may have a library card at no charge:
- Residents or owners of real estate or personal property in the Cape Girardeau Municipal Library District
- Full-time employees (or retirees with 10+ years of service) of the City of Cape Girardeau
- Those who reside within the city limits but outside the library district (privileges include full access to our digital collection, but are limited to five physical items checked out at a time)
- Students and employees of K-12 schools located within the library district
How to Use the Interactive Map
Click here to visit the map site.
When the map opens, not all layers are turned on by default. Along the left side of the map, click on the tab for Layers.
Towards the lower middle of all the layers, click on the arrow caret next to the word Districts.
Click on the eye icon for both the Districts and the Library District to turn them on (a slash through the eye means that the layer is turned off).
Using the search box in the top left corner of the map area, type in your street address (ex. 1234 Library St.)
The map will display the location; verify that address is within the pink highlighted area. (The pink highlighted area is the CGPL district. The green highlighted area is Riverside Regional.)
- Cape Girardeau Public Schools
- Alma Schrader Elementary
- Blanchard Elementary
- Clippard Elementary
- Franklin Elementary
- Jefferson Elementary
- Central Middle School
- Central Junior High School
- Central High School
- Career & Technology Center
- Central Academy
- Cottonwood Treatment Center
- Girardot Center
- Parkview State School
- St. Mary Cathedral School
- St. Vincent de Paul Grade School
- Trinity Lutheran School
What should I bring?
If you live within the library district:
- your valid, state-issued photo ID with your current address listed
- if your ID lists a previous address, please also bring one of the following for verification:
- a lease with a remaining term of 6 months or more
- a current voter registration card
- your most recent income tax return
- a current property tax bill
- a current utility bill
If you live outside the library district:
- your valid, state-issued photo ID
- a form of payment (cash, check, or card)
- non-residents may purchase a membership that provides checkout privileges to all members of their household:
- $15.00 for a three-month membership
- $60.00 for an annual membership